A general reading list for those who wish to explore a variety of written words on (Trans)gender issues:
- Brill, S. (2008). The transgender child: A handbook for families and parents. Berkeley: Cleis Press.
- Bornstein, K. (1994). Gender outlaw: On men, women and the rest of us. New York: Routledge.
- Brown, M. (1996). True selves: Understanding transsexualism. New York: Jossey-Bass.
- Boylan, J. (2013). Stuck in the middle with you: A memoir of parenting in three genders. New York: Crown Publishers.
- Devor, H. (1997). FTM: Female-to-male transsexuals in society. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Haskell, M. (2013). My brother, my sister: Story of a transformation. New York: Viking.
- Hubbard, E. (2012). Trans-Kin: A guide for famly and friends of transgender people. Bolder Press.
- Ladin, J. (2013). Through the door of a life: A Jewish journey between genders. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press.
- Wright, R.P. (2013). Making Mr. Wright: Memoirs of a Black Female-to-Male Transsexual. Bloomington, IN: Balboa Press.
SOCIAL SCIENCE JOURNALS AND ACADEMIC ARTICLES
- Archives of Sexual Behavior. New York: Springer.
- International Journal of Transgenderism. London, United Kingdom: Taylor and Francis.
- Journal of Sex Research. London, United Kingdom: Taylor and Francis.
- Issues of Countertransference in Therapy with Transgender Clients by Christine Milrod, Ph.D.
- How Young Is Too Young? Ethical Concerns in Genital Surgery of the Transgender MFT Adolescent by Christine Milrod, Ph.D.
- How To Support A Transitioning Loved One – Christine Milrod, Ph.D., provides advice on Huffington Post