S E L E C T E D R E A D I N G S
A general reading list for those who wish to explore a variety of written words on (Trans)gender issues:
- Bornstein, K. (1994). Gender outlaw: On men, women and the rest of us. New York: Routledge.
- Brown, M. (1996). True selves: Understanding transsexualism. New York: Jossey-Bass.
- Burke, P. (1996). Gender shock: Exploding the myths of male and female. New York: Anchor Books.
- Devor, H. (1997). FTM: Female-to-male transsexuals in society. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Hausman, B. (1995). Changing sex: Transsexualism, technology and the idea of gender. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Morris, J. (1974). Conundrum. New York: Henry Holt & Co.
- Stuart, K.E. (1991). The uninvited dilemma: A question of gender. Portland: Metamorphous Press.
- Zucker, K. J., & Bradley, S.J. (1995). Gender identity disorder and psychosexual problems in children and adolescents. New York: Guilford Press.
- Archives of Sexual Behavior. New York: Springer.
- Journal of Sex Research. London, United Kingdom: Taylor and Francis.
- International Journal of Transgenderism. London, United Kingdom: Taylor and Francis.
- Issues of Countertransference in Therapy with Transgender Clients by Christine Milrod, Ph.D.