Southern California Transgender Counseling provides psychotherapeutic services to individuals, couples, children, adolescents and families who wish to explore gender identity issues. Areas of exploration include:
- Trans/gender Diverse Concerns/Gender Dysphoria Issues
- Surgery Informed Consent Documentation and Facilitation according to WPATH Standards of Care/Informed Consent Model (one session)
- Significant Other, Partner and Family Counseling or Psychotherapy
- Genderqueer and Nonbinary Concerns
- Gender Diverse Sexuality Issues
- Neurodivergent Affirmative Therapy
- Intersex Issues
- Eunuch Affirmative Therapy
- WPATH GEI SOC v. 8 Certified Mentorship to professionals seeking certification
Options/fees for psychotherapeutic services include:
- Psychotherapy Sessions via FaceTime, Skype or Zoom 9am-9pm Daily
- TGD (trans/gender/diverse) Affirmative Psychiatric Referral for Medications
- Informed Consent Documentation and Facilitation for Surgery/Insurance Preauthorization
- Counseling in Spanish, French and Swedish
- Fees are $195 per 55-minute session
SCTC is NOT in network with Medi-Cal, Medicare, any insurance carriers or HMO plans. A weekly or monthly billing statement will be provided for optional submission and possible out-of-network reimbursement.
Good Faith Estimate Disclosure:
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service.
If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call (800) 985-3059.
For sex therapy or life coaching issues:
Please visit Dr. Milrod’s general psychotherapy/Sex-and-Life Coaching website here